The amazing Kaiko Finger Spikey fidget provides firm and textured sensory feedback when rolled up and down the finger. Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. They are made of a powder coated metal that is ‘woven’ to be stretchy and flexible with firm input to the fingers.
Watch the video here on ways to use so you/they understand how to achieve what you/they need in terms of ‘ouch’ 😊
The Kaiko Wrist & Finger Spikey Fidgets are one of our most popular fidgets for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation. They are an ideal fidget for those who pick at their skin, fingernails and clothing.
We have had amazing feedback regarding this tool. Especially for those who live with anxiety. We have had particularly good feedback from those who pick or self-harm. For many they provide ‘ouch’ without damaging the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kit-bag.
The Kaiko Spikey helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours.
Size is not so much about finger size but more about level on constriction you prefer. The ‘tighter’ spikey is much firmer to roll. If using it to twist around finger to replace picking or clench fist when its on for “ouch’ then the bigger of the two is better generally.
Some ways to use the spikey…
- Roll up & down the finger. It can be rolled using the same hand or alternate hand. This is great for focus.
- Place on one finger at the base (middle finger often best) & squeeze/clench fist. This is, for most, the way they use it for harm minimisation.
- Place on finger & twist around, applying varying degrees of pressure-dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self-harm as it can provide the ‘hurt’ without harm to the skin.
- Rub between two palms for a scratchy feel.
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget.
Please note if wearing the spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it is not compromising circulation.
You can slightly stretch the metal, working around it to create a looser feel if preferred. Needs to be done bit by bit and section by section to create an even stretch. (See video). Please note once stretched it cannot be un stretched. If overstretched it will become out of shape and not return to its original form. Thus, not suitable for those that like to pull at things with two hands, like to pull things apart or generally like to test limits of products.
The finger spikey isnt designed to be twisted back and forth on itself If twisted/rotated it can undo at the join and generally cannot be reconnected. This is not a product fault rather it being used not as intended.
If wanting to wear it or alter sensory input you can gently over stretch it to increase its size. To do this take your time and very slowly work around ring with both hands putting tension on metal. Over stretching will cause it to loose shape and it will not rebound.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Expandable carbon steel metal material.