Using a progressive approach for learning letter formation from using the larger joints of the upper limbs and progressively moving down to the smaller joints and muscles allows letters to be formed from a kinesthetic approach, that is the muscles and joints learn the formation of the letters without being highly dependent upon the eyes to guide them. Ultimately this allows for less focused attention on the actual letter formation and more upon the content of what is being written. It also allows for faster handwriting. Using activities such as this that allows for children to explore letter formation with much less focus on the actual guidance of the pen as the channel gives the immediate feedback as to whether you are tracing accurately. Consequently it is a wonderful way to get the mid joint/muscle development of letter formation, that is the elbow and wrists, while also letting children explore the use of a tripod grasp on the magnet pencil.
- Include 26pcs of high quality wooden letters
- Learn to write and read the alphabet
- Letter and number sets come in a handy tray
- Each letter is on its own board allowing children to just focus on one letter at a time rather than becoming overwhelmed by the whole alphabet
- Safety: All Viga toys are made with non-toxic paints & inks and comply with EN71 & ASTM toy standards.