Our Super Sets have been created through an exciting collaboration between our Occupational Therapist and an experienced Primary School Teacher and Social Worker. We have combined our amazing products with our expertise in learning and development to create learning experiences and activity guides for children to explore, play and thrive.
The Super Sets target many different areas of learning and development including opportunities for children to develop their creativity and imagination, vocabulary, emotional literacy and self and regulation, gross motor and fine motor skills, self esteem, reading comprehension, early writing and mathematical skills.
Each Super Set utilises carefully selected books and supporting toys and tools that act as stimuli for exploring different themes and developmental skills in unique ways. We provide all of the equipment, activity guides and simple explanations of the learning principles that underpin each activity to assist parents in extending their children’s learning and play while also understanding the developmental “why” behind the activities suggested.
Each set also comes in its own storage tote that can be used as a part of the play process and to store your materials. The sets provide a great opportunity for expanding and supporting your child’s development outside of educational and therapy environments and provide a great guided support for those currently on therapy waiting lists.
The Beach Super Set has planned activities and all of the equipment necessary to engage with your child in:
- Books and Beaches – targeting reading comprehension
- Small World Play – targeting vocabulary expansion, exploring emotions, supporting secure attachment, problem solving skills, extending creativity and imagination.
- Crafty Creatures – targeting extension of creativity, imagination, problem solving and fine motor skills.
- Shell Patterns – targeting mathematics, problem solving, fine motor skills, and creativity
- Calm Bottles – targeting emotional regulation, self regulation and sensory regulation.
- Let’s Go Fishing – targeting muscle strength & joint stability, visual motor skills, fine motor skills and hand eye coordination.
- Shell Stamps – targeting creativity and artistic expression (you will need to supply your own paint for this activity)
- Tracing Creatures – targeting fine motor skills, emotional regulation and creativity.
- Sea Creature Charades – targeting interpersonal social skills, turn taking, speech & language development and communication.